Hampton County (25)

Historic Markers Across South Carolina

 

Hampton County was created on 1787.

The county seat is in Hampton, SC.,
and the county is 563 Square Miles in area.



  Click here to visit the Hampton county home page.

  FIPS Code: 12049

  Information about Hampton County, South Carolina, from Wikipedia.

  US Census Quick Facts about Hampton County.

 

There are 20 Historic Markers in Hampton County.

American Legion Hut   -   SCHM 25-16
  Jackson Ave. W & Hoover St. S, Hampton, SC        

Bank of Hampton   -   SCHM 25-15
  5 Elm St. E, Hampton, SC        

Cherry Grove Christian Church   -   SCHM 25-13
  1895 Cherry Grove Rd., Brunson, SC        

Hampton Colored School   -   SCHM 25-6
  on Holly Street, between Lightsey and Hoover Streets, Hampton        

Hampton County   -   UDC 25-1
  SC 68, Hampton County Courthouse, Hampton        

Hermitage Plantation   -   SCHM 25-10
  Travel about 2 mi. S. of Estill on US 321. Turn right on road 35 then travel a very short distance and turn left on an unpaved, unnum┬Čbered road, then travel about 8/10 mi. to the marker, which is on Federal Correctional Institution property.        

Hickory Grove Baptist Church and Cemetery   -   SCHM 25-11
  125 Hickory Grove Rd., Brunson, SC        

James Washington Moore House   -   SCHM 25-12
  503 Oak St., W, Hampton, SC        

Lawtonville Church   -   SCHM 25-4
  Corner of Lawton Avenue and Fourth Street, Estill        

Lawtonville Church   -   SCHM 25-9
  W of Scotia on Road 25 for 1.6 miles, then still W for 2.2 miles on Road 48 to Road 20, then right for about 2.6 miles to the marker on Road 20        

Lucile Ellerbe Godbold   -    
  On US 321 between 4th and 5th Streets, Estill, SC.        

Miles McSweeney Home Site   -   SCHM 25-3
  Across the street from Hampton County Courthouse, Hampton        

Morrison Academy   -   SCHM 25-7
  Road 19 at Lawtonville Cemetery        

Old Pocotaligo Road, March From the Sea   -   SCHM 25-8
  about 1 mile S of Hampton at intersection of us 601 and Road 68        

Prince Williams Baptist Church   -   SCHM 25-5
  about 3 miles E of Brunson on Road 512        

Site of Hampton High School 1911 - 1954   -   SCHM 
  408 Mulberry St W, Hampton SC        

The Frampton Line   -    
  on Lowcountry Lane near Trask Parkway (U.S. 17), Pocotaligo, SC        

The Town of Brunson   -   SCHM 25-2
  N side of us 278 between Morris and Broad Streets, Brunson        

Whippy Swamp Muster Ground   -   SCHM 25-17
  Harmony Presbyterian Church, Bamberg Rd. (U.S. Hwy. 601), Crocketville, SC        

World War II POW Camp   -   SCHM 25-14
  corner of S. Hoover St. & Jackson Ave., Hampton, SC        

 

M  - The marker is missing.
R  - The marker has been removed.