Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Pascalina (Reverse)



Marker ID: Aiken County Historical Society 2-10
Location: on US 78 about half mile below Montmorenci
County: Aiken
Coordinates:   
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Elizabeth Pascalis willed this house, once known as Pascalina, to her granddaughter, Theodosia Wade, and husband John C. Wade, in 1863. The Wades were living here in February of 1865 when Union general Hugh Judson Kilpatrick used the house as headquarters during the Battle of Aiken. The house remained in the family until 1944.

Erected by Aiken County Historical Society - 1987


Notes:

Two sided marker