Historic Markers Across South Carolina



High Shoals



Marker ID: SCHM 4-2
Location: US 76, 2 miles E of Anderson, SC
County: Anderson
Coordinates: N 34° 28.985    W 082° 36.259
  34.483083    -82.604317
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Two miles south on Rocky River, Anderson Water, Light & Power Co., organized in 1894 by William C. Whitner, was successful the next year in transmitting electricity over the distance of four miles to Anderson. This achievement heralded the industrial revo