Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Good Hope Presbyterian Church Cemetery



Marker ID: SCHM 4-32
Location: Just off Parker Bowie Rd., in the triangle formed by its junction with Warren Watt Rd. and Old Bell Rd., 3 mi. N of Iva, SC
County: Anderson
Coordinates: N 34° 19.15    W 082° 41.65
  34.31916666    -82.69416666
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

(Front)
This cemetery, dating from the early 19th century, is at the third site of Good Hope Presbyterian Church, founded in 1789. A frame sanctuary was built here in 1856 during the tenure of Rev. David Humphreys (d. 1869), who preached here 1821-1869 an