Historic Markers Across South Carolina



St. Johns Baptist Church



Marker ID: SCHM 5-5
Location: S.C. Sec. Rd. 5 93, between Ehrhardt and Rivers Bridge State Park, SW of Ehrhardt
County: Bamberg
Coordinates: N 33° 4.104    W 081° 3.953
  33.0684    -81.06588333
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

(Front)
This church, established 1829 30, was first named Three Mile Creek Church and held early services in a brush arbor 4 mi. W on the Salkehatchie River. In 1839 it moved to this site donated by George Kinard, and was renamed St. Johns Baptist Church.