Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Ruins of Old Sheldon



Marker ID: SCHM 7-4
Location: on Road 21, 1.7 miles from intersection of 21 and US 17 near Gardens Corner
County: Beaufort
Coordinates: N 32° 37.098    W 080° 46.893
  32.6183    -80.78155
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Prince William´s Parish Church built 1745-55. Burned 1779 by British. Rebuilt 1826. Burned 1865 by federal army. Named for ancestral home of the Bull family in Warwickshire, England. Annual services second Sunday after Easter.

Erected by Beaufort County Historical Society-1955