Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Strawberry Chapel



Marker ID: SCHM 8-20
Location: Road 44 about 7 miles off SC 402
County: Berkeley
Coordinates: N 33° 5.751    W 079° 55.983
  33.09585    -79.93305
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Chapel of Ease to St. John´s (Biggin Church), built about 1725 on land bequeathed by James Child, founder at this place, of the Town of Childbury. Strawberry Ferry was established here by Act of Assembly in 1705.