Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Trinity Methodist Church, original site



Marker ID: SCHM 10-8
Location: Hasell Street and Maiden Lane, Charleston, SC
County: Charleston
Coordinates: N 32° 46.969    W 079° 55.848
  32.78281666    -79.9308
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

The first Trinity Church building was erected on this site in 1792. By 1813, Trinity had joined the S. C. Conference, and in 1874 it merged with Cumberland Church, the oldest Methodist church in Charleston, founded in 1786. During the 1920s, Trinity was moved to its present location on Meeting Street where the cemetery records are now located.

Erected by Pee Dee Chapter Colonial Dames of the XVll Century - 1970


Notes:

Two sided marker - William Hammet