Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Catholic Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: SCHM 12-1
Location: SC 97 at Rd 355, about 12.7 miles SE of Chester
County: Chester
Coordinates: N 34° 36.606    W 081° 2.47
  34.6101    -81.04116666
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

One mile south. Divergent Presbyterian groups held services in this area as early as 1759. Rev. William Richardson, active in the area, is credited with unifying and naming them in 1770. The cemetery contains many graves of Revolutionary and Confederate soldiers. The present building was dedicated in 1842.

Erected by Chester County Historical Commission-1964