Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Blaser Building (1871-1874)



Marker ID:  
Location: 127 Main Street, Chester SC
County: Chester
Coordinates: N 34° 42.317    W 081° 12.783
  34.70528333    -81.21305
Style: Mounted **
 



Text:

Blaser Building (1871-1874)


The following jewelry stores have occupied the lower floor of this building; Brandts, Robinsons, Royals, & Runyans. The original clock tower has been removed. From 1820 to 1853, two courthouses (one wooden & one rock) stood in front. The town well & cistern also occupied part of that area.


Notes:

This marker is made of wood.