Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Salkehatchie Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: SCHM 15-15
Location: US 17-A near its junction with US 21, .03 mile W of Mt. Nebo Church
County: Colleton
Coordinates: N 32° 43.389    W 080° 47.893
  32.72315    -80.798217
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

This was formerly the site of a Presbyterian church organized in 1766 by the Reverend Archibald Simpson, minister from Scotland. The church was incorporated on December 17, 1808. Serving the church were the Reverends Simpson, Edward Palmer, and J. B. Van Dyck. In the cemetery are the graves of early Scotch-Irish settlers.

Erected by Colleton County Historical Society - 1973