Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Darlington District Agricultural Society



Marker ID: SCHM 16-7
Location: Just N of Darlington on Road 177
County: Darlington
Coordinates: N 34° 19.625    W 079° 53.047
  34.32708333    -79.88411666
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

On May 5, 1846, a society was organized for "mutual improvement in agriculture and to promote the planting interest of the country." Most of the annual meetings since that time have been held at this spring. The first officers were W. E. James, Rev. J. M. Timmons, Isaac W. Wilson, Robert Rogers, and Rev. Robert Campbell.

Erected by Darlington County Historical Commission - 1969


Notes:

Two Sided Marker - The Mineral Spring