Historic Markers Across South Carolina



The Mineral Spring



Marker ID: SCHM 16-7
Location: Just N of Darlington on Road 177
County: Darlington
Coordinates: N 34° 19.625    W 079° 53.047
  34.32708333    -79.88411666
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

On July 17, 1819, this spring and the surrounding lands were purchased from Henry King by the Darlington Mineral Springs Company, intent upon developing the site as a beneficial spa. The enterprise was abandoned soon after the death of the chief promoter.

Erected by Darlington County Historical Commission - 1969


Notes:

Two Sided Marker - Darlington District Agricultural Society