Historic Markers Across South Carolina

Gum Branch Church

Marker ID: SCHM 16-17
Location: Road 53 near its intersection with Road 23
County: Darlington
Coordinates: N 34° 22.952    W 080° 11.125
  34.38253333    -80.18541666
Style: Free Standing **


In 1797, David Kelly was deacon and Cornelius Keith was clerk of Lower Fork of Lynches Creek Church. Originally in the Charleston Association and later the Moriah Association, the church joined the Welsh Neck Association in 1837. The name was changed to Gum Branch in 1844, and the present sanctuary was completed in 1955.

Erected by The Congregation - 1977


Two Sided Marker - Lower Fork Of Lynches Creek Baptist Church