Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Wilson Crossroads



Marker ID: SCHM 16-19
Location: about 4 miles S. of Darlington at crossroads of S. C. 340 and road 19
County: Darlington
Coordinates: N 34° 13.414    W 079° 53.850
  34.22356666    -79.8975
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

At this point the Camden-Mars Bluff road intersected the road to Darlington on property granted to the Reverend John Wilson (1790-1869) by the state of South Carolina in 1837. Wilson, a North Carolinian, settled here, and after his death his grandson, Dr. Peter A. Wilson, lived on a portion of the land and practiced medicine.

Erected by The Dr. Henry Woodward Chapter S.C. State Society, Daughters of the American Colonists - 1979


Notes:

Two Sided Marker - Dr. Peter A. Wilson