Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Darlington County



Marker ID: SCHM 16-22
Location: At the Court House in Darlington
County: Darlington
Coordinates: N 34° 18.203    W 079° 52.273
  34.303383    -79.871217
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

This area become part of St. David´s Parish in 1768, Cheraws District in 1769, and then Darlington County on March 12, 1785. In 1800 Darlington became a circuit court district, and again a county in 1868. Extensive territory was lost in 1888 and 1902 with the creation of new counties.


Notes:

Two Sided Marker - Darlington County Courthouse