Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Pee Dee Church



Marker ID: SCHM 17-11
Location: SC 9, about 2 miles E of Dillon, turn right on Road 44 and travel about 3 miles to the church
County: Dillon
Coordinates: N 34° 21.882    W 079° 19.548
  34.3647    -79.3258
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

McIntire, a licensed minister who preached in Gaelic for those who could speak no other language, organized this Presbyterian congregation shortly before 1829. The present vernacular Gothic revival structure was completed by 1851. A number of other congregations had their beginnings in this church.

Erected by Dillon County Historical Society - 1986