Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Prince George's Parish Church, Winyah



Marker ID: SCHM 22-9
Location: 700 block of Highmarket St., Georgetown
County: Georgetown
Coordinates: N 33° 22.103    W 079° 16.850
  33.368383    -79.280833
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Prince George´s Parish, Winyah, was created March 10, 1721, and the parish church was erected on Black River, 1726, at the present Brown´s Ferry. After Prince Frederick´s Parish was formed from Prince George´s, April 9, 1734, the parish church was erected here, 1737-1750. The tower and chancel were added in 1824.