Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Long Cane Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: SCHM 24-2
Location: SC 10, Troy, SC
County: Greenwood
Coordinates: N 33° 59.261    W 082° 17.864
  33.987683    -82.297733
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Four and five-tenths miles northwest is Long Cane Church, organized in 1771 as Associate Presbyterian, with the Rev. William Ronaldson as first stated supply. It united with Cedar Spring, March 7, 1786, under Dr. Thos. Clark; withdrew September 15, 1803; part of congregation under the Presbyterian Church, 1813-1819; all reunited with Cedar Spring, Feb. 28, 1828; withdrew, Jan. 13, 1892. The present building was dedicated July 10, 1856.