Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Siloam Baptist Church



Marker ID: SCHM 24-15
Location: 2409 Siloam Church Rd. (S.C. Sec. Rd. 24-29), Ninety Six, SC
County: Greenwood
Coordinates: N 34° 12.546    W 082° 2.379
  34.2091    -82.03965
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

This church was organized in 1799 by Rev. John Waller, Rev. David Lilly, William Chiles, and Meshec Overby, with 32 charter members. Waller, its first minister, served until his death in 1802. Other notable pastors included Revs. John Broadus, Basil Manley, and W.H. Biers. The first sanctuary on this site, built in 1836, was demolished in 1984. The present sanctuary was built in 1977.

Erected by the Congregation, 2000