Historic Markers Across South Carolina



The Town of Brunson



Marker ID: SCHM 25-2
Location: N side of us 278 between Morris and Broad Streets, Brunson
County: Hampton
Coordinates: N 32° 55.651    W 081° 11.475
  32.92751666    -81.19125
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

On November 7, 1872, a post office was established in this community, named for William E. Brunson, Sr., who donated the site. Brunson was chartered in 1874. The Town Hall, built in 1906, originally stood on stilts and covered the town´s artesian well. Brunson´s school system traces its origin to the 1800s, to Pineville Academy and Brunson Graded and Military School.

Erected by Brunson Civic Council - 1971