Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Kingston Church



Marker ID: SCHM 26-7
Location: At Kingston Street and Third Avenue, Conway, SC
County: Horry
Coordinates: N 33° 50.150    W 079° 02.690
  33.835833    -79.044833
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Kingston Church


A Presbyterian congregation existed here in the village of Kingston by 1756. Its meetinghouse was on this site but by 1795 the congregation had apparently disbanded. In 1855 a proposal to reestablish a Presbyterian church in the town was favorably received, and in 1857 an “Association” for that purpose was formed. In 1858 the present house of worship was erected and Kingston Church was officially organized.

Erected in 1986 by the Congregation



Notes:

American Presbyterian and Reformed Historical Site marker 198

South Carolina Historic Markers - KINGSTON CHURCH