Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Horry County



Marker ID: SCHM 26-8
Location: on Horry County Court House grounds, Conway, SC
County: Horry
Coordinates: N 33° 50.027    W 079° 02.926
  33.833783    -79.048767
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Originally part of colonial Craven County, Horry County has also been part of Prince George Winyah (1722), Prince Frederick (1734), and All Saints (1767) parishes, which served as early religious and civic jurisdictions. This area, which became part of newly formed Georgetown District in 1769, was given its present boundaries and named Kingston County in 1785. In 18m, it was renamed Horry District, and, in 1868, Horry County.

Erected by Horry County Historical Society - 1989


Notes:

Two sided - Peter Horry
South Carolina Historic Markers - HORRY COUNTY / PETER HORRY