Historic Markers Across South Carolina



True Vine Missionary Baptist Church



Marker ID: SCHM 26-9
Location: SC Route 90 west of Conway Bypass (SCa Route 22), Conway SC
County: Horry
Coordinates: N 33° 49.316    W 078° 54.367
  33.821933    -78.906117
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

(front)
This church was organized in 1894 by founders Antey Graham, Beney Graham, Samuel Graham, Will Hill, and Ben Wilson, and later became a member of the Kingston lake Association. The first sanctuary, a frame building, was build about 1913 and located near what is now S.C. Hwy. 90; it was later on Boroughs Road.

(reverse)
Rev. Patrick Dewitt, Rev. Solomon Chestnut, Rev. A. T. Graham, and Rev. H. H. Wilson were among the earliest pastors serving True Vine Missionary Baptist Church. In 1943 the old sanctuary was moved to this site by a team of mules. the present brick sanctuary, the second serving the congregation, was built in 1971.

Erected by the congregation - 1999