Historic Markers Across South Carolina



John Edward Frampton House



Marker ID: SCHM 27-19
Location: at the entrance to the Lowcountry Visitors Center and Museum in Point South South Carolina.
County: Jasper
Coordinates: N 32° 37.982    W 080° 52.553
  32.633033    -80.875883
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

This was the sie of "The Hill" Plantation, owned by John Rdward Frampton (1810-1896), cotton planter, state senator 1842-45, and delegate from Prince William Parish to the Secession Convention. The main houses here and at Frampton´s other plantations in what was then Beaufort District were burned by Federal troops in early 1865. This house was built in 1868.


Notes:

Two sided - The Frampton Lines