Historic Markers Across South Carolina



John Simpson



Marker ID: SCHM 29-4
Location: The Courthouse Lancaster County
County: Lancaster
Coordinates: N 34° 43.218    W 080° 46.251
  34.7203    -80.77085
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

John Simpson in 1792 gave a courthouse site to the people of the region known as Lancaster County (1785-1798), Lancaster District (1798-1868), and Lancaster County since 1868. Three courthouses have occupied the site: a log house (1795-1800), a frame building (1800­1828), and the present structure.


Notes:

Two sided - Lancaster County Courthouse