Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Rembert Church



Marker ID: SCHM 31-13
Location: Near Woodrow on Road 37 about 1 mile N of Sumter County line in Lee County
County: Lee
Coordinates: N 34° 05.868    W 080° 21.140
  34.0978    -80.35233333
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Site of camp meetings where Bishop Francis Asbury preached. First service held about 1786. In 1834 Caleb Rembert deeded eight acres to nine trustees for the use of the Methodist Church. John A. Colclough gave an adjacent tract of 2 Ih acres, and soon after the present church was erected. Successors of the original trustees maintain both church ". and cemetery.

Erected by Rembert´s Church Cemetery Association - 1958