Historic Markers Across South Carolina



St. Andrew's Lutheran Church



Marker ID: SCHM 32-14
Location: about 1 mile W of 1-26 on St. Andrews Road (Road 36)
County: Lexington
Coordinates: N 34° 2.682    W 081° 8.098
  34.0447    -81.13496666
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

These four acres were conveyed to St. Andrew´s Lutheran Church in 1835, and by November of that year, the congregation had built and dedicated a building. It is believed that the community of S1. Andrews derived its name from this church. In 1949, the church moved to its present location on Broad River Road.

Erected by The Congregation - 1985