Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Mullins Depot



Marker ID: SCHM 34-9
Location: on Main Street between North and South Fronts Streets, Mullins
County: Marion
Coordinates: N 34° 12.33    W 079° 15.264
  34.2055    -79.2544
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

The town of Mullins, first known as Mullins Depot, grew up as a result of the opening of the Wilmington and Manchester Railroad in 1854. Land for the railroad´s buildings and for right-of-way was given here by Wm. S. Mullins (1824--1878) who was elected Wilmington and Manchester president in 1857. A frame railroad depot, constructed here in 1901, was remodeled in 1931 as it is today.


Notes:

Two sided - Mullins