Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Bennettsville Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: SCHM 35-13
Location: McColl Street, Bennettsville
County: Marlboro
Coordinates: N 34° 36.921    W 079° 41.026
  34.61535    -79.68376666
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

In 1855 this church was established by members of the Great Pee Dee Church, five miles southeast of here. Fire destroyed a newly-completed building in 1907. The present sanctuary was completed in 1911, the educational building and chapel in 1946. J. Beatty Jennings, elder of this church, was a commissioner to the First General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church U.S. in 1861.

Erected by The Congregation - 1972