Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Judge Glover's Home



Marker ID: SCHM 38-13
Location: Whitman Street. Orangeburg
County: Orangeburg
Coordinates: N 33° 29.475    W 080° 51.43
  33.49125    -80.85716666
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

This house, used as headquarters by General William T. Sherman on February 12,1865, was built in 1846 by Thomas Worth Glover (1798-1884), teacher, lawyer, legislator, circuit judge, and signer of the Ordinance of Secession. The house has been remodeled several times. It fronted originally on Russell Street.

Erected by Orangeburg County Historical Society - 1970