Historic Markers Across South Carolina



City Fire Station #1



Marker ID:  
Location: Middilton St between Market and Fischer Streets, Orangeburg, SC
County: Orangeburg
Coordinates: N 33° 29.316    W 080° 51.769
  33.4886    -80.86281666
Style: Mounted **
 



Text:

This building, City Fire station #1, was constructed in 1927 and was in service until April 2006, at which time the new Public Safety Headquarters was completed at 1320 Middleton Street. At the time f its decommission, Station #1 was the second oldest continuously serving station in South Carolina. City Council voted unanimously to restore this historic structure and convert it into a fully accessible and technologically modern Council Building. Rededicated May 15, 2008.