Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Snider House



Marker ID:  
Location: On Main St north of Cleveland Street, Elloree, SC
County: Orangeburg
Coordinates: N 33° 31.886    W 080° 34.365
  33.53143333    -80.57275
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

This two-story house of heart pine and wooden peg construction was built by William J. Snider, founder of the town of Elloree. This house was moved from Charleston about 1870. This house is the first and oldest residence remaining in the town.

1886-Intendant:
W.J. Snider
Wardens:
J.E. Thames
H.M. Peak, J.D.
"Joe" Griffin, A.L. Ott


1986-Mayor:
W.B. Bookhart, Jr.
Council:
J.C. Ulmer, Jr.
A.D. Hudson, Jr.
Nancy T. Oliver
Lewis E. Rourk

Erected on Founder's Day December 23, 1986
During Elloree Centennial Year by the Town of Allure