Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Former Site of Columbia Theological Seminary



Marker ID: SCHM 40-6
Location: Robert Mills House, 1616 Blanding Street, Columbia, SC
County: Richland
Coordinates: N 34° 0.612    W 081° 1.756
  34.0102    -81.02926666
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Founded 1828 by Presbyterian Synod of South Carolina and Georgia. Located here 1831. Moved to Decatur, Georgia 1925. Woodrow Wilson´s father and uncle were among faculty members. Central building, erected 1823, was designed by Robert Mills as home for Ainsley Hall (1783-1823), Columbia merchant.