Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Bethlehem Church II



Marker ID: SCHM 40-110
Location: Intersection of Kennerly Road and Pink Daily Road
County: Richland
Coordinates:   
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Bethlehem Lutheran Church erected its first known building about three hundred fifty feet north of here on a seventeen-acre tract purchased from George Metz in 1817. According to tradition, the church was first called Ellisor Church after people of this name living nearby. In 1847, Bethlehem sold this site to Alexander Daily and moved near Hollinshead Creek, about three miles south of here.

Erected by Bethlehem´s Bicentennial Committee - 1989