Historic Markers Across South Carolina



North - South Streets



Marker ID: SCHM 40-59
Location: State House grounds, Columbia, SC
County: Richland
Coordinates: N 34° 0.075    W 081° 2.005
  34.001249    -81.033414
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

two-mile square of the original city of Columbia in 1786, were named (except for Assembly) for generals and officers who fought in the American Revolution. Most of these were native Americans, but one was the Polish Count Pulaski.

Erected by Columbia Committee, National Society, Colonial Dames of America in the State of S. C, a Richland County Bicentennial Project


Notes:

Two sided - Richardson Street