Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Richland Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: SCHM 40-87
Location: Approx. 1.9 miles E of Gadsden on SC 48, then left on Road 1314, about 1.8 miles to the church
County: Richland
Coordinates: N 33° 50.639    W 080° 42.039
  33.84398333    -80.70065
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

(Front)
This church building was dedicated in May 1884 by Dr. John L. Girardeau. The congregation of eleven members, including two elders and one deacon, was organized on the Sabbath Day, November 16, 1883, by the Charleston Presbytery. In 1914, the church became a charter member of Congaree Presbytery, moving to Eastover in August 1922.

(Reverse)
The eleven charter members of this church were Thomas and Lula B. Auld, Augusta H. Bates, Joseph and Clair H. Bates, Elise H. Dwight, Peter and Isabel H. Garick, Glenn and Hattie H. Kaminer, and Belton A. Williams.

Erected by the congregation - 1980