Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Site of Fredonia



Marker ID: SCHM 42-9
Location: on US 221 about 1/2 mile NE of Moore
County: Spartanburg
Coordinates: N 34° 50.063    W 081° 58.905
  34.83438333    -81.98175
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Believed built in 1786 by Thomas Moore, Revolutionary soldier, brigadier general in the War of 1812 and a member of Congress, Fredonia was later owned by Andrew B. Moore, earliest known doctor in this region, and Thomas J. Moore, Confederate soldier and state legislator. On the National Register of Historic Places. The house burned in 1977.

Erected by Spartanburg County Historical Society - 1979