Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Calvary Church



Marker ID: SCHM 42-11
Location: At the church on SC 150 in Glenn Springs
County: Spartanburg
Coordinates: N 34° 48.965    W 081° 49.84
  34.81608333    -81.83066666
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

The Reverend John D. McCullough was the first rector of this Episcopal Church, which was established in 1848. The original building, consecrated in 1850, stood at the cemetery about 1/2 mile to the north. The congregation´s present house of worship was consecrated in 1897 by Bishop Ellison Capers.

Erected by the congregation - 1982


Notes:

Two sided - Glenn Springs