Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Glenn Springs



Marker ID: SCHM 42-11
Location: At the church on SC 150 in Glenn Springs
County: Spartanburg
Coordinates: N 34° 48.965    W 081° 49.84
  34.81608333    -81.83066666
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Early recognized by the Indians for the healing qualities of its mineral waters, nearby Glenn Springs became a popular summer resort when the Glenn Springs Co. bought the land from John B. Glenn in 1838 and built a large hotel. This stood until it burned in 1941. In the Spa´s heyday, its bottled waters were shipped far and wide.

Erected by the congregation - 1982


Notes:

Two sided - Calvary Church