Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Indiantown Presbyterian Church



Marker ID: SCHM 45-1
Location: SC 512, about .5 mile W of Indiantown
County: Williamsburg
Coordinates: N 33° 43.486    W 079° 33.694
  33.724767    -79.561567
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Organized in 1757 with John James and Robert Wilson as founding elders. Burned by the British in 1780 as "a sedition shop." Rebuilt after the Revolution. Present building begun in 1890, remodeled in 1919. Maj. John James, Revolutionary hero, is buried in the churchyard.