Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Trinity M.E. Church, South



Marker ID: SCHM 46-3
Location: E Liberty Street, York, SC
County: York
Coordinates: N 34° 59.586    W 081° 14.444
  34.9931    -81.24073333
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

Organized 1824 by the Reverends Wm. Gassaway and Jos. Holmes with former as pastor, Trinity is the oldest M.E. Church, South in York County. The original building was erected on College Street, 1826. The first Sunday School in York County was organized at Trinity, March 2, 1829, by James Jefferys.