Historic Markers Across South Carolina



Ebenezer



Marker ID: SCHM 46-15
Location: Corner of Ebenezer Road and Herlong Ave., Rock Hill
County: York
Coordinates: N 34° 57.426    W 081° 2.778
  34.9571    -81.0463
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

The town of Ebenezer was incorporated in 1893. Dr. W. B. Fewell was the first intendant, and the first wardens were J. W. Avery, A. A. Barron, S. A. Fewell, and
J. B. Neely. The post office here from 1890 - 1911 was called Old Point. Earlier post offices were Ebenezer Academy (1822 - 1837) and Ebenezerville (1837 - 1866). The town was annexed to Rock Hill in 1961.

Erected by York County Historical Commission - 1980