Historic Markers Across South Carolina



First Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church*



Marker ID: SCHM 46-26
Location: Oakland Ave., Rock Hill, in front of church
County: York
Coordinates: N 34° 55.583    W 081° 1.445
  34.92638333    -81.02408333
Style: Free Standing **
 



Text:

This church was organized in 1895 with 26 charter members. The sanctuary, completed in 1898 and enlarged in 1911, was designed by Charlotte architect C. C. Hook and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Four pastors have served the church: Dr. A. S. Rogers (1895 - 1948); Rev. W. P. Grier (1948 - 1963); Rev. H. L. Smith (1963 - 1966), and Dr. R. J´ - ´ Robinson (since 1967).

Erected by the congregation - 1996


Notes:

Two sided - Dr. Arthur Small Rogers