Historic Markers Across Tennessee



The Robertsville Community



Marker ID: THC 1D 27
Location: Anderson County, Robertsville Road, Robertsville fr. High School
County: Anderson
Coordinates: N 36° 0.769    W 084° 16.527
  36.01281666    -84.27545
Style: Free Standing **
Status: The marking is missing.
Waymark: None
 



Text:

The Robertsville community was settled in 1804 qy Collins Roberts, who had received a 4,000-acre land grant in this region. Robertsville was one of four communities in the area that predated Oak Ridge. The community was dispersed in 1942 when the land was acquired by the federal government. The area now comprises most of the' central portion of Oak Ridge.