Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Early Industry



Marker ID: THC 2E 14
Location: 255 W Main St. (Route 70S), at the intersection with North Tatum, Woodbury, TN
County: Cannon
Coordinates: N 35° 49.681    W 086° 4.247
  35.82801666    -86.07078333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM3P58
 



Text:

On Short Mountain, 7.1 mi., Henry Hoover & John Beeson established a millstone and grindstone factory in 1806. An inscription on a bluff of the mountain, and discarded fragments of stone mark the spot.

Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission.