Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Harrow School



Marker ID: THC 1D 13
Location: on N Cumberland Dr near the corner of Selwyn Ave in Cumberland Gap, TN.
County: Claiborne
Coordinates: N 36° 35.969    W 083° 39.863
  36.59948333    -83.66438333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM3X42
 



Text:

Founded by Rev. & Mrs. A. A. Myers in 1890. First classes held in basement of Congregational Church on site of present Cumberland Gap School; later moved 1/2 mile west to Harrow Hall. Operated as a division of its successor, Lincoln Memorial University, Harrogate, Tenn., from 1897 to 1907, when Harrow Hall burned.

Tennessee Historical Commission