Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Transfer Station Site



Marker ID: THC 3A 25
Location: on 3rd Ave N north of Deaderick St., Nashville, TN
County: Davidson
Coordinates: N 36° 09.987    W 086° 46.759
  36.16645    -86.77931666
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM7MRZ
 



Text:

Site of electric street railway transfer station 1902-1940. Electric streetcar service began formally on April, 30, 1889 replacing mule-drawn streetcars which had served the city since 1866. Final run for electric streetcars was February 2, 1941 on Radnor line. Operation of bus system began Aug. 4, 1940 on Hillsboro~Sunset line.

Historical Commission of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County