Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Richland



Marker ID: THC 3A 28
Location: on Charlotte Pike just west of Brook Hollow Road, Nashville, TN
County: Davidson
Coordinates: N 36° 8.119    W 086° 53.219
  36.13531666    -86.88698333
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: WM3PX6
 



Text:

1.2 mile NE James Robertson built his cabin in 1779 at 23rd and Park. In October 1784 Robertson moved to his Richland Creek farm, living in the log structure until 1787, when the first brick house in Middle Tennessee was completed. Called Travellers' Rest until 1816, the brick house, which burned in 1902, was located inside his fort at 5904 Robertson Road. The two-story log house was dismantled in 1970. The replica at this site was erected during the 1996 Tennessee Bicentennial by the West Nashville Founders' Museum Association.

Erected by Tennessee Historical Commissio