Historic Markers Across Tennessee



Hunter's Hill



Marker ID: THC 3A 81
Location: U.S. 70N, Davidson County, at Lebanon and Shute roads
County: Davidson
Coordinates:   
Style: Free Standing **
Waymark: None
 



Text:

On Cumberland River, two miles north, was Andrew Jackson's plantation, Hunter's Hill, which he bought in 1796 and where he lived until 1804 when he sold it to Colonel Edward Ward and removed to the adjoining tract to which he gave the name of the Hermitage. The Hunter's Hill house was destroyed by fire in 1903.